I’m still on the hunt for a new, full-time, job…
I’m not having any real luck. I’m actually so unmotivated to fill another application or send another resume out because of the negative response I’ve been getting. Which is mostly, none at all.
I mean come on. I have:
- An Associates Degree in Arts
- A High School Diploma
- Two Years of Retail Experience
- Three Years of Management Experience (Mostly from ROTC)
- Computer Knowledge (Mostly Windows, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Data Entry
- Organization Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Multitasking Skills
- Money Handing
- Opening/Closing Stores
And I can’t even find a job that really wants me.
I’m looking for an Administrative job, something that is more in my comfort zone. I hate retail with a passion. I can’t sell you on anything, because I’m not that type of person. I can get you excited about certain things. But there certain things I get excited about, not many people care or understand.
Yet, here I am again, ranting on how freaking HARD it is to find a job.
I find myself just staring at pages, like a zombie, praying to find that job that IS in my comfort zone and I don’t have to regret getting the job in the first place.
Found some, but they are mostly wanting (not all):
- EXPERIENCE (Which is the big killer for me because I’ve been out of high school for four years and only had crappy retail jobs.)
- Certification (I really want my PMP, but come on it’s like 1k for classes. I don’t have that kind of money.)
- Bachelors Degree (Back to the topic of… I don’t have money to afford making that investment right now.)
- Bilingual (I can read Spanish, just barely. I have been through about 6 years of Spanish and I still can’t grasp nor understand it.)
Another killer is the location of many of the jobs. They are either on the wrong side of town, have no busing transportation, housing near by are too expensive, etc.
Once I finally settle down, de-stress, and find that job. I probably will blog more. I hope so. This has been a crappy month so far…